Saturday, 7 February 2009



Opened: 24/4/1865*

Closed to passengers: 4/10/65*
Closed completely: 6/10/79

* Enlarged station opened 1/7/03
** Line closed throughout to passengers. Goods trains continued to stop at Brucklay until 1966 and Strichen until 1967.

PICTURE: The last train to Fraserburgh, on October 5, 1979. In May the same year an SRPS railtour comprising 12 coaches hailed by locomotives 25034 and 25035 must have been one of the longest passenger trains to ever travel the line (Jonathan Dransart)

No comments:

Post a Comment